The Remaly family was among the first settlers along the Lehigh River, below Slatington.
His father’s warrants were as early as 1751 and Michael Remaly’s land was warranted on the August 5, 1765 for an initial 32 acres. On the 1788 Heidelberg Township Tax List Michael owned 190 acres. He married Anna Maria Vautrin and had at least eight children.
Michael and his family were members of the Reformed Congregation at Heidelberg Church.
Michael and his brother, George, were among the heads of families who helped build the Ziegel Church, a second church in the community.
Michael Remaly was enrolled as a Private 5th Class, in Captain Conrad Reader’s Fifth Company of the Sixth Battalion of the Northampton County Militia. Michael Remaly appears on the General Class Roll dated October 26, 1780, with residence ascribed as Heidelberg Township.